Thursday, December 3, 2015

Abby Got Dunked! We Got Dumped! And I’m Pumped

July 13, 2015


Hope ya'll appreciate my email headings because I put a lot of work into them. haha. jk

So last Monday we got a two week missionary! She is the cutest and I love her to death.It has been so cool to see how excited she is and how much she has learned in just the last week. She is so pumped to go home and apply what she learned with her family. I love love love helping her learn about the gospel and she just soaks it all in. 

My comp and I are super super competitive right. So the other day we had an arm wrestle and we were like blowing our brains out, our faces were cherry red and both of our arms never even moved, so basically neither of us won, so then we tried to arm wrestle Sister Samono. Fail! Man, that women smacked out arm down like they were noodles, and here I am like putting everything I've got into it and she keeps asking me if I'm really trying. haha. It was so funny! So moral of the story-never arm wrestle with a Tongan. You'll lose miserably.

So Abby, Gilbert's daughter, the one I taught in my last ward, got baptized one Saturday! Hooray! She was so happy and so many people showed up to support her. Man, I was smilin up a storm. I love seeing how people change so much as they are taught and accept the gospel, and then to see them make promises with God that you know will bring them so much happiness is just the cherry on top. I just feel so blessed to be apart of it.

 The last week full of lots of ....craziness. We have had three emergency exchanges and one of the sisters actually ended up going down the hill because she was so sick. It's been all kinds of crazy around here, but it's been cool to see how the spirit takes over and helps you know what to do and say. We are the boo boo fixers and shoulder to cry on but it makes me feel needed and like I make a difference. 
The area has been slow so that can be hard after awhile. We have had to drop a lot of people, but it's so cool to see how even through all the craziness and all the hard times God always puts something in there that just brightens your day, or puts us where we are needed. In moments like that you just know that He is watching out for you. He knows exactly what you need and when. I had an experience this week where we had to do a mini exchange, so it was just me and my two weeker for half the day. We were driving and trying person after person with no luck. I was trying to find a street and ended up passing it but as I was about to pull a u turn I had a thought to go visit one of our members who was baptized a couple of years ago. So we did! She was having a really hard day and literally her whole life is in shambles right now. Her house is falling apart, like one thing after another is breaking, her back hurts all day and is causing dizzy spells and her daughter just got molested a couple of months ago, so needless to say, she was having a hard time. So we went to work devising a plan and we are going to go round up a crew and get her life back in order. Yep, it's going to be epic. Just you wait. I'm so grateful for the Spirit that helps us to be led to the right people at the right time. I love it!

Well, I gots to go. Thanks for the emails and pics! I really appreciate you all so much. You da best! 

Love ya lots,
Sister Prows



No comments:

Post a Comment