Thursday, December 3, 2015

Have you done any good in the world today?

November 16, 2015


Sorry for being such a slacker the last couple of weeks! I will repent and be sure to write every week for the rest of my mission. haha. ;) 

I don't even know where to start. The last couple of weeks have been pretty hard. My comp is still sick and there is a good chance that she will be going home soon. It has been emotionally exhausting trying to help her, but I know that the Lord has helped me to know what to say and do. It's definitely been a lot harder for her though so I have no right to complain. I've just been talking it one day at a time. I'm good though. Things are starting to get a little better again.

So I have no idea where we left off so I will just write whatever comes to mind. 
On Saturday we had the Mountain View ward annual chili cook-off. We were the official judges so we got to sample all of the chili! I almost killed over with a couple of them though. Apparently it tastes good to have your tastes buds seared off by peppers. haha. I do like spicy but some of the guys got a little crazy with it. My poor comp about passed out haha. 

On Thursday I went on exchanges with Sister Van Heel from Minnesota. It was especially fun because I got to go back to Chino Hills! Ah, it was just what I needed. I didn't get to go to Diamond Bar but I at least got to go back to where we spent most of our P-days. I forgot how hilly that place is! I met so many wonderful people and I left just feeling so inspired. I'm so grateful for my STL's and how in tune with the Spirit they really are. It was the first time I wasn't in charge for like 8 months so it was kind of nice haha. 

Things with investigators have been kinda slow. Our baptismal dates got moved back again:( But we've done all we could for now. The work must go on! Stinken Satan keeps getting in the way! What the meow. 

I have been learning so much the last couple of weeks about selfless service and just how important it is to serve despite inconvenience or circumstances. Christ wasn't lying when He said that we need to have unconditional; love and self less service. In fact, when it's the most inconvenient or hardest is the time when it matters the most. So I challenge you all to go and do one act of service a day, despite inconvenience or personal gain. Got it? cool.

I have to go but I just wanted to let you all know I wasn't dead. Keep being wonderful! and know that I love you.


Sister Prows

No comments:

Post a Comment