Thursday, December 3, 2015

New Companions, New Goals, and Whole Lot of Awesomeness

July 27, 2015

Hope you all are having a fantastic week! I heard that  Jake and Julia had their graduation! Woot woot! Yeah! 

I've had a pretty crazy week but I'm alive. Sister Cromwell my bestist bud was called as a trainer in a different ward so I lost her today:( I will miss her like crazy but I'm super excited for my new comp. Her name is Sister Ostland. She is from Maryland. And  guess what! She is taller than me!!! Yep, now awkward hugs. It's great. It's the first time any of my companions have been taller so it feels nice not to always feel like the giant. We really hit it off and I can tell that we will get along really well. She is super sweet and funny so I'm excited to do great things with her in the area.

I had a couple of neat personal experiences this week that have really been a blessing for me. I was opened up to my Sister Cromwell on some things that I had been struggling with and it was cool to see how the Spirit took over and she was able to tell e the things that I know Heavenly Father wanted me to hear. That has happened several times now so I don't know why I'm so blown away each time, but it's just moments like those that I know that Heavenly Father is so much closer than we could ever know. We are able to bless  those around us if we keep the Spirit with us. I felt so loved not only by her but by God. I also finished the Book of Mormon again this week so I started again, only this time I have been doing a deeper study and I have a scripture study journal that I write in too. Oh my goodness, it makes all the differnce. It's cool to see how you start a thought and as you write the Spirit expounds on it and teaches you so much more. I think I wrote like two pages for only one verse once. We just show faith and willingness to learn and God blesses us so much more than we could ever hope for. I love seeing His hand in my life every day.

In ward council on Sunday we talked a lot about the Sabbath day and it's disintegration even among the church members lately. The first presidency has been fasting and praying for guidance about how to help the church and that was the answer that they were given. They sent all the bishops around the world videos and you could tell that they were very concerned. I have seen first hand just how much it makes a difference and the blessings that come when we treat that day for what it's worth. I remember how hard it was before my mission, especially in school but I know that it is so  important. I just felt like I should encourage you all to reevaluate your view of the Sabbath and maybe find a way that you can make it a "delight" and a truly sacred day. We can all do better. I know that everything else in our lives will improve if we just do that one thing. You got this!

As far as the work goes, it has been going about the same. Not anything new to report other than we have some great potentials and a couple of our investigators are moving slowly but surely. I'm really excited for another restart, new goals, and new ambitions. Hurray for transfers! Fresh starts are always such a blessing and opportunity for growth. 

My testimony that God can use us for great things has grown a lot lately. It's been cool to see how everything has worked out. The dates of exchanges went nothing like we planned but the were always the exact timing when we were needed. I love being able to talk with a sister and knowing that my words aren't from me or when we get done with an exchange and they express how that was exactly what they needed to hear and then they go out and apply it. But I've learned that it's not only for missionaries, it's for everyone. We can all be used to bless individual lives in extraordinary and simple ways. We can each be a blessing every day no matter where you are and what you are doing, because God uses simple things and simple people to do great things. So go do great things!

Make sure to send me lots of pictures from the Lake and graduation! You all are amazing! Keep me updated on all your adventures!

Love ya lots,
Sister Prows

 pix
-The only green is the golf course but it makes for a good view

-My bud Sister Brown went home
The only green in this picture is the golf course, but at least it's a good view

My bud Sister Brown went home

No comments:

Post a Comment