Thursday, December 3, 2015

All You Need is Love

September 21, 2015

Hello Family! 

Sorry for the lack of letters lately. Last week I had to catch up with everything and I didn't have much time so sorry about that. I know, I'm horrible! 

Well, now that I'm done with that little spill, I will tell you about our week. It went by so fast! We are still trying to get to know the area and whatnot which is a little hard sometimes but we are figuring it out. We have a couple of investigators that were ready to be baptized when we got here so we are excited to get them the last little way. We get to visit lots of cute old people and talk to lots of really.... interesting ...people, like Pedro, the homeless guy we met in the park. haha. He decided that he wanted to listen to us practice the Restoration and it ended up that he called the Elders and they taught him, only I don't know how far it will go but ye never know. He was this little old Mexican guy with orange teeth haha. There are a LOT of Hispanics here so maybe bu the time I get home I'll be able to introduce my self and everything! Here I am all excited and pumped to go and talk to this family and get them to church and then the minute they open their mouth all I hear is kjgfhgfiubiusufbubfffthfghfhvtaco, aka no English! Dang it! So then we give them a Spanish card and move on. haha. Yep, that consists of about 90% of our contacts, so needless to say I need to learn some Espaniol. Speaking of families! There has been a big push to find families in the mission so just giving you all a heads up that we are going to baptize like ten families. Do we have any yet, no, but they are coming! Don't you fret. They're out there and we are going to tract them down. 

Training is getting a lot easier as we go. She is getting this whole missionary thing figured out and I'm getting this whole new area thing figured out. Hurray! She is so pumped to do missionary work and I'm grateful for the chance to go back to the basics. It's so easy to get caught up in all the cool tips and tricks that you forget that the basics are the best way and that you never needed all the fluff after all. It has been keeping me occupied and on top of things. Overall, things are getting a lot better and I'm enjoying it a lot more.

I think the biggest lesson that the Lord has been teaching me lately is that I can love and get a long with people that I never thought I could. People like that are constantly put in my path and at first it's hard not to base them off of a stereotype, ya know, but the more I get to know them the more I realize that even though we are totally different we can still love and connect with each other. It wouldn't have been hard for me to love the people of a third world country but it was hard and first to love the stereotypical Americans haha. Like the ones that like to nag, or the "trailor trash" or nerdy or crazy or gang bangers, ya know, those that are just a little rough around the edges. I know that sounds really awful to say that but I just love them all at a level that I never thought possible. Cause not going to lie, I totally thought I was going to be sent foreign and I think you can all figure out why, but God needed me here to learn a more eternal lesson about truly loving everyone, no matter their appearance or behavior. I'm grateful for tender mercies like that. I really am.

I can't really think of anything else to say so I bid thee farewell until next week. Remember, it's never too late to send repentance mail for all you who have been slacking a little! you know who you are. haha. jk

Love ya lots,

Sister Prows

No comments:

Post a Comment