Thursday, December 3, 2015

Who ever said that Disney Land was the happiest place on earth was lying

October 1, 2015

It's the Temple! Yeah, I just got back. Ya know how sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up, well that was mine. I haven't been since February so it was extra special. I forgot how much I love it there. There is just a peace that I feel there that doesn't come anywhere else, especially in the Celestial room. I'm excited that the Temple is so close up at school. Don't take it for granted people!! Go as often as you can. Remember, put God first and everything else will fall into place. Works every time:) 

I'm freaking out because time is going by way to fast and I don't know what to do with myself. Like, this transfer is almost over! Dahh. So basically it feels like I wrote yesterday. To sum up the last couple of weeks, we have basically been getting to know the members and area. The members are so kind and always let us in and talk with us. We have a lady from the Virgin Islands that taught me how to make curry and all that jazz. It was great! and so tastey.....only I don't think me stomach is used to that kind of food anymore so it came out the same way it went in at 3am that night. Well, it was good while it lasted! I was really really sad that I didn't get to eat all the left overs though haha. 

 It's been a getting harder to fill nights though since it gets darker a lot faster and lets just say that going to some of our areas would be a bad idea after dark hehe. We have met some cool potentials though. Still working on finding families. We're so close I can taste it! I want to find one so so bad. I know that our efforts aren't wasted though an that the Lord will give us one in His own due time. He keeps having to remind me that this is HIS work, not mine. It's hard winding down because sometimes you feel like you're running out of time and you feel like you should be perfect at everything by now haha, but it's about the journey, not the end. I have to remember that. I would always leave an area right when I felt like I knew everyone and what they needed and I feel like I'm finally starting to put it all together and now I'm leaving haha. Dang it! I guess I have other things to learn now. 

We did get a new investigator though! Her name is Sylvia Nightwalker. Her husband who was a member just died of cancer and so now that she isn't taking care of him full time she wanted to start learning more. We helped her clean out her basement yesterday. My comp is terrified of spiders though so she stayed outside and we threw all the garbage up to her haha. One of my favorite parts of missionary work is definitely the service. I love it! While she was cleaning she told us about her crazy background. Oh my goodness, I don't know how she got through it all. You would have never guessed looking at her but she has been through just about anything and everything. She would tell us about her friends that would do drugs and leave their kids and all this craziness. I'm reminded every day just how blessed we are. Like, we are really really blessed! Just having a home with both parents is more than 75% of the people here and that I was never on the streets while my parents did drugs or had abusive parents, etc. I have a wonderful family, I get to serve a mission, and I have the gospel. There is nothing more I could ask for. Count your blessings because we definitely have a lot! But even though people have had really hard things happen to them or they did really bad things I can still see how the Lord was still always there for them. His love really is UNCONDITIONAL. That didn't hit me until the other day actually. I had heard it a million times but it just hit me. We don't earn his love, we accept it. Aint it great!

Well, I love you all and I'm so grateful for you. Let me know how things are going! 

LOVE YA LOTS,
Sister Prows




No comments:

Post a Comment