Thursday, December 3, 2015

Becoming a Consecrated Missionary

October 19, 2015

Hope you are having a wonderful day! So update- I'm staying in my area! Woot woot. I will also finish training Sister Fawcett in the ways of the Jedi. I feel good about it and I'm ready to tear this place apart and find some new people to teach! I only have 6 weeks to live and I aint wasting it! No way jose. I've got it all planned out. I am determined to finish strong! I have been reading a talk called becoming a consecrated missionary. Best talk EVER! Well, I'm going to become one. I've been working on letting go of any pride or fear and now that I have the area down pat it will be a little easier to focus on training. I know I won't be perfect and progression is a life long thing but I really want to make the most of what little time I have left. 

Well, now that I got that out, I will tell you the happenings of the week. On Tuesday we started teaching a little girl named Sophia. Her mom is less active and her dad isn't a member. She is a little cutie and I'm excited to see her learn and grow. We also did a lot of service for some members. She texted last minute to cancel because she was too tired to help but we went anyway and just did it while she packed for her trip. I am really good at picking weeds now. I should be a professional when I get home. Let me tell you something about people. They need help but they are often too stubborn to ask so you just gotta take the initiative and do it anyway. They are always so relived and appreciate it. So that next time somebody doesn't want to ask but you know they need help just do it. Emkay? Emkay.

We also taught the young women at mutual about the Book of Mormon. We brought a copy for each of them, gave them some scriptures to highlight, and then had them write there testimonies in the front. If they give it out they get awesome points....and blessings of course. We also saw Julia our other investigator. She likes to swear a lot haha. but she is learning to abbreviate for us. keke. I love seeing how she is over coming things one step at time. Satan just throws one thing after another but she demolishes them like Jet Lee. We are still working on finding so nothing much to report. I only have 3 min left on the clock so I have to say good bye but know that I love you all!

Sister Prows

No comments:

Post a Comment