Thursday, December 3, 2015

Jose Got Dunked!

October 13, 2015

Hey! It's me! I'm back from the dead. Yesterday was a holiday and last week we didn't have much time, but needless to say, I'm slacking. Sorry :D
Well, the last couple of weeks have been going by way to fast. That's the awe full thing about being busy. I am still loving the area. I know it's October but it was 115 degrees the other day haha. Dang it. But that's okay because when I get back to Rexburg it will be negative 15 so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Jose, the Elders investigator got baptized on Saturday! Only missionaries basically showed up and he had to be dunked 6 times, but other than that it was so wonderful. He is one of those super prepared people that just gives it all he has and never looks back. Needless to say he is a genius! He knows 7 languages, studied physics and math in Europe and is the head chef at a super expensive Italian restaurant, go figure. But he is so genuine and ready to start his new life. He has a cool ponytail too. haha

 We had a cool experience last week. We had tracted a couple of little old houses and met a really cute young lady. She already had a church but was still really kind. That night I had a very distinct impression that we needed to go back and see her. I was kinda hesitant because I knew she wasn't interested but I put it down on the schedule for the next day. Well long story short we didn't get to go back until about 4 weeks later. Finally we caught her at home and we just told her that we didn't really know why we came back but we felt like we needed to tell her that God loved her and was pleased with her efforts to follow Him and strengthen her family. She started crying and said she was pregnant and thanked us for coming back. We left an open invitation to call us if she ever needed anything. I have no idea what will happen but I hope one day she see the missionaries and wants to learn more. I love things like that! I love the Spirit and I'm grateful for experiences like that that teach me how much my Heavenly father loves each of His children.

I only have 5 minutes left but I just wanted to let you all know how grateful I am for such a wonderful and supportive family. It means the world:)

Love ya lots,
Sister Prows


No comments:

Post a Comment