Thursday, December 3, 2015

Guess what family! I've been adopted!

October 26, 2015

So I finally got my life long dream of being a Poly. We moved in with a Tongan family today and the Elders moved into our old apartment. I'm pretty excited:) I love Polynesians.,...and their food...and I think it will be fun. I wanted to serve in a Tongan ward but instead God just let me live with one. haha. 

This week has been pretty cray cray. My comp deals with stress and anxiety and in turn her body basically shuts down and her head, stomach, muscles and chest all hurt really bad. We had to stay in a couple of days but I did some area book work so it turned out fine. I kinda liked the quiet time to think and focus. It was kinda weird though, not going to lie. I'm going to have companion withdrawals I swear. I'll be in the grocery store and freak out because I can't find my comp and them realize that I don't have one anymore...sad day:(
So I'm super pumped because Valerie and Crissandra have a baptismal date! Woot 

woot! Hallelujah! It's about stinken time. Something always comes up but not today! We were determined not to leave until we set a date....only now our ward council is being difficult so pray it all goes well haha. Miracle number dose: We found a lost member! So it goes like this- We were at a dinner and a member gave us a referral for someone across the street. We tried them but no one was home so we went on with our day, but we both had the feeling like we should knock the neighbors door and ignored it because we were chickens and she was sick so we were heading home. But decided to go back later that day and try again. The referral wasn't home but we tried the neighbor like we had planned. Long story short, she showed up at our ward Halloween party with all her kids and they all loved it! We are hoping to get them involved and active again so we will see what happens. Hurray for the Spirit! 

Miracle number tres. There is a recent convert family that was apparently impossible to get in with and so we took on the challenge to become friends so we dropped of little goodies and notes for them and lo and behold they signed up for dinner! It went so great and they are such a wonderful family. We have been increasing how many people we talk to each day and and have been meeting so many awesome potentials. We get our share of trials and setbacks to counteract it but who needs to focus on those, right? My testimony that this is the Lord's work grows each and every day but I know that we have a huge part to play. He won't force us to do anything but He sure does bless us when we do. 

I have a challenge for all ya'll! Are you so ready for this!? Pick one person that you want to help. Seems simple enough right? Make a little plan of what you will do to help them, whether it is spiritually, physically, emotionally, etc. Remember, missionary work is finding a need and filling it! I think our family could do a little better. Btw, sign up to feed the missionaries and you will totally make their day, just saying. It took going on a mission for me to realize how happy helping others makes me. Try it! And I'll bet you a million bucks that you will see miracles in your life. Actually LOOK for opportunities to help some one out and God will give them to you. I think we tend to get so caught up in our own problems and busy schedule that we forget to reach out to others. I promise! It will be so worth it. Especially you RM's out there:) 

Love ya all! Let me know who did the challenge and what happened!


-Sister Prows

No comments:

Post a Comment