Thursday, December 3, 2015

You Fired!

July 20, 2015

First Email: We are curently homeless right now because of the fires. It went through Hesperia and burnt down our building along with the other missionaries appartments. About 2 am two days ago we had a knock on our door. We opened it up and there were a bunch of police evacuating the area so we had to grab all our stuff and head out. Only we had like no idea where to go cause our whole area was getting evacuated and the pass down the hill was already on fire. We could already see the flames coming like…

Second Email: Hahaha! I totally didn't mean to send that. haha. I was just joking I promise! I was going to tell you and then my stinken computer sent it. No worries poeple! I was going to be like"...............ha. jk" but then it totally accidentally sent so I this is to tell you that I'm totally ok and nothing happened. It was just a mean prank that went sour. SO NO WORRIES

Third Email: Ok, well now that I just finished laughing my head off from my stupidity and my awful jokes that go wrong I will now tell you about my week. Man, I still feel bad, but anywho! There really was a bunch of fires up here but they didn't get us. We came out of a lesson on Saturday and the whole sky was covered in smoke. It was almost like a rain cloud...but not.The source looked really close but apparently it was on the Cahoon pass coming up the hill. A bunch of cars caught fire and it burned like 3500 acres in just a couple of hours. Then on top of that another one started over in Phelan where we were having exchanges that night. So basically all the roads were crazy, and all the members got rerouted  so it took them all like 6 hours to get up the hill to the desert, but it's all good. You all probably know more than me though. haha. We are kinda out of the loop and only know what people tell us, and even that often contradicts, so yeah. I'm safe. We did end up going to Phelan though, we just took another route instead. But the Elders up in Wrightwood called at midnight and left us a message that they could see the flames from their window and were being evacuated but they are all safe now. We could see the fire coming over the mountains so we were wondering if we would be evaluated the whole day. We have been in a drought but God sent us a huge rainstorm right at the moment we needed it. Hurray for miracles! I think the rain basically put it out so no it's all good now. btw. My comps also decided that it would be really funny to lock me out right when it started pouring rain. But I got them back don't you worry;)

This week was crazy busy with service and exchanges. I went out with the Spanish Sister and the Phelan Sisters. In Phelan we had the truck and since there aren't any paved roads the roads turned to rivers so I had fun blowing through them in the truck. Yep, it was pretty great. We also dropped off our two weeker yesterday:( Man, I love that girl. She made everything so entertaining but she left all pumped up and ready to be a missionary to her family and friends. She is also super excited to put in her papers now. I love that each person influences us in so many different ways. That's why I love being around so many people, because I learn so much from all of them. 

Other than that not much to report. My week was great. We had some good lessons and life is good and I don't really feel like writing anymore. haha. so, with that being said, I bid you all farewell.

Love ya lots, 
Sister Prows


Teaching Primary

Sister Samano! My two week Tongan

The fire when it first started

No comments:

Post a Comment