Thursday, December 3, 2015

My Last Will and Testament

November 23, 2015

Well, This week has been pretty crazy. My companion had to go home for medical reasons so I get to be with the Ontario Creekside sisters until I go home. I've had my ups and downs but through it all I really felt the hand of the Lord. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would all be but I know that that wasn't anything that I did. He's just helped me through it all. The day she left I also came down with a nasty cold so I'm out of it right now. haha. Sister Moser, one of my comps also came down with a different kind of cold so we're all just a bunch of sickos. keke. I've still been able to work though so it's been nice. It's been good being with those two. They are super good missionaries who know how to have fun and laugh a little. Once again, God always puts so many wonderful things in a hard situation.
This week is going to fly by! I have my departing interview and Temple trip plus Thanksgiving so I have some fun things to look forward to. Life is good 

 I don't even know where to start. To put a whole 18 months into writing is almost impossible. I guess I can't say much more than just that I'm so incredibly grateful for this experience. I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Things I've learned From my mission.

1. The gospel is amazing! The more you learn the more you realize just how perfect and wonderful it is. Every day I connect one more piece to the puzzle. As I do the beauty and purity of the big picture becomes more and more clear and more and more exciting. It is the answer to everything.

2. God loves each one of us! He is so aware of our trials, our hopes,our dreams, and our potential. Even those that look like they have nothing always have something. God is just as much in their lives helping and strengthening them at every corner as any one else. I have only scratched the surface in trying to see others the way God sees us and I can testify with all my heart that He is aware of us and He loves us. 

3. We can love everyone no matter who they are. I've already talked about this several times, but it's so true. We need to look at others through God's eyes if we are to truly love them. The same personality and opinion shouldn't qualify others for our love.

4. The Spirit is the most amazing gift. It will lead us, guide us ,purify us, teach us and lead us back to our Heavenly Father. Nothing is worth not having it's companionship.

5. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. It is only when we sacrifice a part of ourselves that we experience true growth and progression. As we sacrifice for others in our time, word, and deed we come to love them. We have to give or give up something if we want to learn or grow.

6. The Atonement is real! Anyone can change! But the Atonement is not only for the those that have made huge mistakes, it's for the good people striving to be the best that they can be. 

7. Real growth comes through serving others. When we love ourselves, we find ourselves. Nough said.

8. Opposition in all things. We have to experience the bad to appreciate the good. Some of the hardest times in my mission brought the most growth. My mission has been the hardest thing I have ever done. It's been exhausting mentally, physically, and Spiritually, but those trials have refined me and brought me closer to my Savior. We need hard things to stretch us. There is no comfort in a growth zone and no growth in a comfort zone.

9. Humility is key for growth. God can always work with a willing heart. If we want to change, humility is our first priority. God will do as much with us as we let Him

10. Love holds it all together. 


So there you go, this is what 18 months has brought. But the cool thing is you don't have to go on a mission to change, to draw closer to the Savior, or to serve others. Those opportunities abound in everyone's live's. The principles are still the same no matter where we are or who we are. As we serve the Lord and strive to be the best we can, He will be change us.

Everyone says that our missions are for others but I think our missions are totally for the missionaries. God converts you more than you convert anyone else. I can't say that I had any mind blowing experiences, that I baptized a lot of people, or even that I made a 180 degree turn in my life, but I can say that I feel converted to the gospel. I'm the one who was converted. It's almost like missions are inspired or something;)

I love you all so much! Thank you for all that you have done for me. I have felt your prayers and love and they have got me through more than you know. 

Love ya lots,
Sister Prows



No comments:

Post a Comment